Wednesday, March 25, 2009

This is Why I Became a Real Estate Agent...



After years and years and years and years of working the nine to five grind, there is one thing more than anything that appealed to me about being a real estate agent... It's not the money - having a lot of money would be great, don't get me wrong, but its not about the money for me - as long as I have enough to live comfortably and support my family, that's all I ask. I have been so blessed with the things that I do have, such as my beautiful wife and daughter, my wonderful extended family, many many friends, and I live in one of the most desirable and exciting cities in the world!! No, its not the money that first appealed to me, it is the ability to work when I want, where I want, and on what I want, with nobody to answer to but my clients! Being a real estate agent gives me the ability to work here for the morning, if I so choose....



Yep, that's yours truly, at my home away from home, Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California. I spent the first a part of a nice relaxing workday morning sitting in the rising sunshine and watching the beautiful thoroughbred's work out on the race track in preparation for the day's races ahead. At the same time, I made a few phone calls in preparation for my own racing about town looking at properties...


Santa Anita Park has a really cool outdoor cafe at the top of the stretch, open every racing morning and open to the public, called "Clockers Corner". It is basically an outdoor cafe / snack bar, similar to what you might find at a nice golf course. Here you can enjoy a variety of treats, including bagels, donuts, danishes, coffee, juice, and they have a WONDERFUL hot breakfast served on the weekends. There are plenty of tables to sit at, a million dollar view of the horses galloping on the track right in front of you, and you are likely to rub elbows and be having breakfast next to Bob Baffert, Tyler Baze or Corey Nakatani.. I highly recommend coming out to see this place if you ever have free time in the morning. And if that weren't enough to get you out there, they even offer EARLY BIRD WAGERING on that day's races, via a bank of self-service betting machines available just inside the grandstand...

So after a hot cup of coffee, a nice snack, and laying down a few bucks on the ponies, I was off to hit the streets and take care of some business...


What a wonderful life, I'm livin' the dream.......

No comments:

Post a Comment